The dog almost set the house on fire by accidentally turning on the stove while being home alone

This is the moment a dog managed to set fire to a house by turning on a high-tech stove.

The dog was caught standing on its hind legs next to the range when his paw activated the finger print button at the home in Parkville, Missouri.

Slowly it heated up and started a grease fire that caused extensive damage to the house.

Thankfully both dogs who were in the house at the time survived the blaze and nobody was hurt.

However, the local fire department released footage showing the dog jumping up briefly before dropping back to the floor.

The house quickly fills with smoke before flames are ignited on grease left over from dinner the night before.

Fire chief Chris Denney said: ‘New appliances are being seen with touch controls that activate by the simple touch of a finger. An animal’s paw can also activate these types of controls.

‘Please use built in safety’s if available on appliances when not in use and accessible by children and/or animals.’

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *